Sunday, May 20, 2007

20070513 - In Geneva

1600 Hours, Geneva time. 9AM Birmingham Time. I got up at 6AM yesterday, so it's been 27 hours of mucking with airports, and I didn't get much sleep last last night either. Nor did I sleep well in the airports or planes. Somehow my watch reset itself 15 minutes past midnight flying over the Atlantic. Until I found that the date was wrong, I was scratching my head trying to figure out exactly how I could have lost 15 minutes moving so much slower than light. Did I mention that my transatlantic flight was an hour late to depart and to arrive, and that I consequently missed my scheduled flight from London to Geneva? Perhaps this is why I'm here typing, waiting for my underwear to show up so I can shower here in the airport before bumbling about the streets in search of a better place to sleep than I've had for the last 27 hours. Oh . . . for the curious, it's now 4pm local time.

No comments: